THIS WEEK’S LESSON WAS ALL ABOUT LETTING GO AND LETTING GOD. ITS A OVERRATED SAYING, BUT IF ITS MEANT TO BE, IT WILL BE. STRESS TAKES TOO MUCH ENERGY, NO NEED TO WORRY YOURSELF TO DEATH ABOUT PEOPLE AND SITUATIONS YOU CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT. EVERYTHING WILL COME TO LIGHT IN DUE TIME. #LETTINGGONLETINGGOD #
A Blues For Nina (Brotha To The Night)
“Say baby, can I be your slave?
I’ve got to admit girl, your the girl,
and I am digging you like a grave.
Now do they call you daughter to the Spinning Pulsar,
or maybe Queen of 10,000 Moons, Sister to the distant yet
Is your Yemaya? Oh nah, it’s got to be Oshun
Ooh is that a smile me put on your face child?
Wide as a field of jasmine and clover
Talk that talk honey, walk that walk money
High on legs that’ll spite Jehovah
Shit, who am I,
It’s not important
But they call me brother to the night
and right now I am the blues in your left thigh
trying to become the funk in your right
Who am I? ‘ll be whoever you say
But right now I’m the sight raped hunter
blindly pursuing you as my prey
And I just want to give you injections of
sublime erections and get you to dance to my rhythm
make you dream archtypes
of black angels in flight
upon wings of distorted, contorted metaphoric jizm
Come on slim, your man, I ain’t worried about him
It’s you who I want to step to my scene
Cause rather than deal with the fallacy
of this dry reality
I’d rather dance and romance your sweet in a wet dream
Who am I, well they all call me
brother to the night and right now I am
the blues in your left thigh, trying to be the funk in your right
Is that alright?”
- Darius Lovehall (Larenz Tate)
*IF A MAN WRITES ME A POEM LIKE THIS, THATS HUBBY LOL : )" -LOVE JONES ONE OF MY FAVE MOVIES
WENT OVER A YEAR WITHOUT CATCHING A COLD AND NOW I’M STUCK IN CLASS SNIFFING AND SUFFERING. DRINKING ORANGE JUICE IS THE IDEAL REMEDY, ACCORDING TO MY CLASSMATES. TOO BAD THE TASTE OF IT IS LIKE ACIDIC BEER ON MY TONGUE. I HATE IT. YUCK
I GOT YA BACK!!!
It seems like everyday, I’m learning something new about myself. i guess this is what stepping out of your comfort zone feels like.
Everything i hear this song, I just my trust is strengthened. I give it all to Him.
William McDowell - I Give Myself Away (by onedadou1984)
- Know everything there is to know about the person you’re interviewing
- Don’t schedule a interview at a busy time ( i.e restaurant during lunch hour, where the environment is noisy and distracting)
- Consider the location wisely ( no where too be busy and interview subject can be at ease. If you’re recording, make sure the place is quiet so you can get good audio)
- Make interview subject comfortable ( make small talk, offer them a glass of water)
- Ask questions that require more than a yes or no answer
- Allow subject to TALK! Whether its rambling or off-topic, let them share.
- Adjust your tone
- Always thank source for their time
- Ask source if its ok to follow-up ( call or email)
- Fact-check before anything goes to print